BRAISHFIELD VILLAGE ASSOCIATION
Our contact details
Name: Braishfield Village Association
Contact: The Secretary
Telephone: Please refer to latest BVN or the website for latest contact number.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Name and title
- Email address
- Telephone number
How we get the personal information and why we have it
All of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To receive a copy of the Braishfield Village News (BVN).
- To receive e-mails from us via the Network.
- So you may act as one of the distributors of the BVN.
- So you may attend one of our organised community events.
- So we may include you as an advertiser or contributor to the BVN.
- So we may send you an invoice in respect of an advertisement in the BVN.
We do not receive personal information about you from any other source.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Confirm that you are a resident of Braishfield and are entitled to a free copy of the BVN.
- Confirm that you are a resident of Braishfield and as such may receive the information emails via the Network.
- Contact you to arrange to drop off copies of the BVN for distribution to your allocated section of the village (in the case of distributors only).
- Contact you with information relating to an organised community event which we are running.
- Include your advertisement or article in the BVN.
- Send you an invoice in respect of advertisements, receipts for donations relating to the BVN.
We will not share this information with any other organisations or individuals.
We do not collect or use personal information in respect of the Website which is used solely for information purposes by the BVA.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the BVA Secretary (details above)
(b) We need it to perform a public task.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored either on password protected media (where you have provided the information to us electronically) or in a locked filing cabinet (where hard-copy documents exist).
We keep your personal information until such time as:
- You no longer wish to receive a copy of the BVN.
- You no longer wish to receive e-mails from us via the Network.
- You no longer wish to distribute BVN’s on our behalf.
- You are no longer a resident of Braishfield (unless both parties agree to provide/receive the service).
- The organised event has passed (unless you provide us with express permission to retain your information for a future event).
We will delete your personal data from the secure distribution list we hold.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact the BVA Secretary by e-mail or telephone at the address/number shown above if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com or check the latest BVN for contact telephone number. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk